You’ll Never Believe This Mouthwatering Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is Gluten Free
Gooey, chewy, and delicious, who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie? Only 77 years old, chocolate chip cookies are an American staple invented by Ruth Wakefield of the Toll House Inn and Restaurant. Her recipe was so popular that in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate, Nestle agreed to put the tollhouse recipe on every bag of chocolate chips. Talk about a sweet deal.
But for those with gluten allergies, you may often feel as if you’re getting gypped on the chips. Although there are many healthy gluten free cookie recipes available these days, many flour free cookies are also free of deliciousness. And knowing where to buy gluten free cookies can be a difficult task.
So what’s the celiac cookie lover to do? Worry not! This gluten free cookie recipe will make you forget that you ever had a gluten allergy to begin with. These cookies are chewy, gooey, packed with flavor, and healthy to boot. You don’t have to sacrifice taste in the name of gluten!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and grease a cookie sheet.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, incorporate the dry ingredients (hold the chips!)
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until combined. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take a tablespoon and use it to scoop mounds of cookie dough onto the greased cookie sheet. It should be a heaping spoonful. Place each mound about an inch apart from one another.
- Once the cookie dough is in mounds on the baking sheet, press down lightly with a spoon.
- Bake for 8-9, or until the cookies are firm and golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes then enjoy!