Afternoon Snacks Need to be Packed with Protein
Many Americans feel like they are always in a rush. As a result, it should come as no surprise that many people of all ages find themselves looking for a tasty, energetic, and healthy snack. From bulk peanut seeds to many different typed of nuts, there are many products that provide a wide range of nutrients and protein to people who are on the go.
Whether you are trying to find a great afternoon snack when her friends stop by after school or you are looking for a way to get some extra energy in the middle of the day for yourself, peanut and pecan family items can help you get the energy and the nutrients that you need, even when you do not have very much time. Whether you are considering dessert items that include pecan recipes or you are going for more organic snacks that feature bulk peanut seeds, the nutritional value of nuts help people get a full serving or protein and plenty of energy at the same time.
The Advantages of Peanut Include Both Protein and Power
Organic peanut seeds are a great way to make sure that you slip protein into many of the foods that you serve your family. The fact that it takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter, according to The National Peanut Board, means that there are many producers who have to work to provide the resources needed for this popular food.
Consider some of these facts about peanut butter and other similar products and the impact that they have on the individual health of Americans, as well as the nation’s economy:
- U.S. peanut farmers exported more than 350,000 metric tons of peanuts in the year 2013, according to data from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- 67% of all the nut consumption in the U.S. is accounted for by peanuts and peanut butter.
- 2.3 grams of fiber are provided by a single ounce of macadamia nuts.
- 90% of U.S. households consume peanut butter.
- Two servings of nuts a day are helpful in fighting against cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer, according to Harvard research.
- 38% of all walnuts are grown in the U.S., according to the latest trade statistics.
Finding the right kind of food to serve yourself and your children is an important part of the busy lifestyles that we all lead today. Knowing that you have protein packed options at your home any time of the day or night means that you will be able to get the energy that you need before work, before school, and before your workout. From bulk peanut seeds to pecan desserts, finding the right snack is a great way to start and end the day.